The debute EP from Philadelphia chiptune musician Storm Blooper is here. Jawn-Dis is five tracks written with LSDJ for the Nintendo Gameboy. Two tracks feature “2xLSDJ”, two gameboys synced running their own copies of the software.
The Nintendo Gameboy has four distinct sound channels, two Pulse channels for melody, one 4-bit sample channel known as WAV, and one for Noise sounds like hihats and cymbals. By running 2xLSDJ, a song can be expanded to 8 channels, something Storm Blooper does remarkably well.
Stream and Download Jawn-Dis from 8static‘s bandcamp page now. Follow Storm Blooper on Facebook and Twitter, and support a ChipMusician today!
Only one day remains until the delightfulness known as chipWINter is unleashed upon the chipworld.
You know what that means, right?
BIG OL’ INFO BLURB COMIN’ AT’CHA, BABY!!! 8DDD
Full artist roster & tracklist (ABC order; Kubbi‘s fantastical sequencing to be unveiled with the album ;)
- ABSRDST – Let Me Freeze
- an0va – Christmas Time Is Here
- Br1ght Pr1mate – Linux & Lucy
- Daniel Capo – Frosted Over
- Glenntai – Snowfall & Snowballs
- Jay Tholen – Justice Delivers Its Death
- Kubbi – Polar Bear Rides
- Mark ‘TDK’ Knight – Sunrise
- Professor Shyguy – We Three Kings
- shanebro – A Chipwinter Stroll
- Storm Blooper – The Stellar Dendrite
- The Bitman – Next Stop, Detroit
- Vegas Diamond – The Ghost of Christmas Dance
- Vince Kaichan – Midnight Snowflake
Fb event for this Monday night’s 8 Bit Power Hour chipWINter Release Party:
Beautyriffical album art:
And that’s it. Nothing else to give you except THE REAL THING.
chipWINter = OH SO VERY SOON.
^_^ \m|♥|m/ ^_^
[[[ UPDATE: HERE’S THE REAL THING. 8) ]]]